Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to help with your electrical work. By accepting our options, whether referred to as options, quote, proposal, agreement or contract, the terms listed below shall apply and it is implied you have read, understand and agree with these terms. Steven M Parker Electric may be referred to as SMPElectric or SMP Electric. This agreement will be sent once and you agree to follow these terms as you continue to work with Steven M Parker Electric.
- Payments can be made with cash (to owner directly only), check, credit card, financing or Venmo.
- Client shall inform us how they plan to make payments. If there is a payment method you’d prefer that isn't listed above, please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate you.
- We offer financing between $500 and $25,000. These figures could change at anytime and is handled by our vendor.
- Payments not made on time will stop progress of project. Any delays because of non payment or late payment will not be the responsibility of SMPElectric.
- Any check or other medium of payment presented to SMPElectric by the client that is returned to SMPElectric for insufficient funds, or any other reason that delays the deposit by SMPElectric of the monies due as outlined below in the payment schedule for this project in this contract document, will incur an additional charge of fifty dollars ($50), plus any and all fees assessed by the bank or other institution handling these monies, and any and all other resultant charges, fees or late fees, regardless of the reason of those charges or fees.
- A thirty five dollar ($35) fee will be charged for late payments.
- Payments not made within 30 days of the due date are delinquent and shall bear interest at the rate of one and one-half percent (1.5%) per month, or the maximum amount allowed by law, until paid.
- Payments are due based on the payment schedule provided with the options.
- If no payment schedule is provided it is assumed payments shall be 50% deposit and 50% completion or based on when invoices are sent and listed as due.
- You authorize Steven M Parker Electric to charge a saved card on file based on the payment schedule.
- Should you choose SMPElectric to execute the project as proposed, our estimated timeline will be listed with options, will be discussed at a later time, or have not been determined.
- If no estimated timeline is provided within the options it is assumed scheduling details have not been determined yet and a schedule will be set with SMPElectric and client separately, but will still be an estimated schedule.
Code & Electrical Details
- Electrical installation shall meet or exceed the adopted National Electrical Code and local electrical codes.
- Errors in design by the architect, engineer or designer in the drawings or specifications are not the responsibility of SMPElectric. Any additional work required and not included on drawings and or specifications shall not be part of this agreement.
- Any requirements from building code, plumbing code or any other code other than the adopted electrical code that needs to be taken care of by us, the electrician, should be brought to our attention in writing with the code and details, and it should be assumed the requirements are not included unless explicitly expressed in the details of our contract and will endure additional charges and if determined after project acceptance a change order will be created, that will need to be accepted in order for us to provide the additional service.
- Change orders will be created for any changes to original scope of work and or any additional work that was not included.
- A change order is any change to the original plans, contract and or specifications.
- All change orders need to be agreed upon in writing, including cost, payment schedule, additional time considerations, approximate dates when the work will begin and be completed, a description of the change and location shall be signed by both parties.
- Additional time needed to complete change orders shall be taken into consideration for the project completion date.
- The client shall communicate with the owner of SMPElectric when it concerns the project at hand.
- The client shall not employ any employee of SMPElectric during the project or for a period of 1 year after the completion of the project.
- The client shall not assume liability or responsibility, nor have control over or charge of construction means, methods, techniques, sequences, procedures, or for safety precautions and programs in connection with the project, since these are solely SMPElectric responsibilities.
- The client shall provide access to the project areas when scheduled or needed. If the client fails to provide access and work cannot be performed when scheduled additional charges shall apply.
- All work shall be in accordance to the provisions of the plans and specifications. All systems shall be in good working order.
- All work shall be completed in a workmanlike manner, and shall comply with all applicable national, state and local building codes and laws.
- All work shall be performed by licensed individuals or apprentices where outlined by law.
- All work shall be completed in a timely manner.
- SMPElectric shall remove all construction debris related to the work performed by SMPElectric to a general location specified by the client, not including off site. SMPElectric shall leave the project in a broom clean condition.
- SMPElectric shall maintain a good relationship with clients, employees, agents, and all others on the premises. Professionalism shall be maintained, any deviation from the policy shall be discussed with the Owner of SMPElectric.
- Upon satisfactory payment being made for any portion of the work performed, SMPElectric shall furnish a full and unconditional release from any claim or mechanics’ lien for that portion of the work for which payment has been made.
- If conditions are encountered at the construction site which are subsurface or otherwise concealed physical conditions or unknown physical conditions of an unusual nature, which differ naturally from these ordinary found to exist and generally recognized as inherent in construction activities, the client will promptly investigate such conditions and, if they differ materially and cause an increase or decrease in SMPElectric cost of, an item or time required for, performance of any work, will negotiate with SMPElectric an equitable adjustment in the contract sum, contract time or both.
- SMPElectric shall not be liable for failure to perform if prevented by strikes, or other labor disputes, accidents, nature, acts of God, governmental or municipal regulation or interference, shortage of labor or materials, delays in transportation, or other causes beyond SMPElectric control. In no event shall SMPElectric be liable for special or consequential damages whatsoever.
- SMPElectric shall not be liable for losses due to theft, damage, vandalism, etc.
- All materials purchased by the client shall not be the responsibility of SMPElectric and shall not be warrantied by SMPElectric.
Hazardous Materials, Waste & Asbestos
- Both parties agree that dealing with hazardous materials, waste or asbestos requires specialized training, process, precautions and licenses. Therefore, unless the scope of the agreement includes the specific handling, disturbance, removal or transportation of hazardous materials, waste or asbestos, upon discovery of such hazardous materials SMPElectric shall notify the client immediately and allow the client to contract with a properly licensed and qualified hazardous material contractor. Any such work shall be treated as a change order resulting in additional costs and time considerations.
- The client shall purchase and maintain property insurance to the full and insurable value of the project, in case of fire, vandalism, malicious mischief or other instances that may occur.
- SMPElectric shall purchase and maintain needed General Liability Insurance coverage as required by law and deemed necessary for his own protection.
- SMPElectric shall purchase and maintain needed Workers Compensation Insurance coverage as required by law and deemed necessary for his own protection and the protection of his employees.
Permits & Inspections
- Most work done by SMPElectric will require a permit, which shall be secured by SMPElectric as the client's agent.
- Inspections for work done by SMPElectric shall be schedule by SMPElectric only.
- Only SMPElectric employees shall work under SMPElectric license, permit and insurance.
- Any work done by client or others not working directly for SMPElectric will not be the responsibility of SMPElectric.
- The client may terminate this contract after it has been signed up to 3 business days and before work has started. The deposit minus any costs associated with losses, custom or specialty items, permit costs, and non refundable items, shall be refunded within 14 business days after terminating the contract.
- Should the client or SMPElectric fail to carry out this contract, with all of its provisions, the following options and stipulations shall apply:
- If the client or SMPElectric should default on the contract, the non-defaulting party may declare the contract is in default and proceed against the defaulting party for the recovery of all damages incurred as a result of said breach of contract, including reasonable attorney’s fees. In the case of the defaulting client, the earnest money herein mentioned shall be applied to the legally ascertained damages.
- In the event of a default by the client or SMPElectric, the non-defaulting party may state his or her intention to comply with the contract and proceed for specific performance.
- In the case of a defaulting client, SMPElectric may accept, at his option the earnest money as shown herein as liquidated damages, should earnest money not cover the expenses to date, SMPElectric may make claim to the client for all work executed and for proven loss with respect to equipment, materials, tools, construction equipment and machinery, including reasonable overhead, profit and damages applicable to the property less earnest money.
Lighting & Ceiling Fans
- We recommend customer be available or determine a height for any hanging fixtures or ceiling fans.
- Customer shall supply lamps/light bulbs/LEDs for customer supplied light fixtures and ceiling fans if needed, based on manufacturer specifications.
- Some fixtures are made using integrated LED's which basically means the LEDs are built into the fixture and can't be changed or replaced easily, if at all. We recommend fixtures that use standard screw in light bulbs/LED's, if possible, although in order to get a certain look, you may not have any other option. This has been a problem for some customers, usually years later when the fixture has a fault and we need to either replace the whole fixture or try and find replacement parts. Most times the customer decides to just order a new fixture.
- Please inform us of your fixture selection as pricing could change and we can provide any feedback.
- If the new fixture is too heavy for the existing fixture box we will need to upgrade the box for additional charges.
- Any additional work required due to issues with customer supplied fixtures will be additional charges.
We assume wiring is in good condition unless specified otherwise. Additional charges may apply to fix or replace wiring.
Steven M Parker Electric warrants that all workmanship provided by our employees be done in accordance with the National Electrical Code, be free from defects, including the installation of parts and repairs, for the warranty timeframe listed in the options, and will repair any installation that we find to be defective free of charge, subject to the limitations detailed below.
Limited Lifetime Parts Warranty
Steven M Parker Electric warrants that all parts provided and installed by our employees be free of defects for the warranty timeframe listed in the options and that we will replace, repair, or provide a refund for damaged or defective parts (at our discretion) free of charge. This warranty is subject to the limitations detailed below. Parts that are discovered to be defective within the warranty timeframe listed in our options are covered by full warranty including the cost of the installation of the new part. Steven M Parker Electric must be notified within 15 days of discovering the failed part for it to be covered under this warranty.
Non-Durable Replaceable Parts
Non-Durable Replaceable Parts are parts that have a limited life expectancy and are designed to be replaced. These types of parts are specifically excluded from this warranty and are not covered by Steven M Parker Electric. These types of parts include but are not limited to Light Bulbs, Ballasts, Transformers, Fuses, Batteries, etc.
Non-Durable Replaceable Parts that were not properly installed are covered under the parts warranty.
Steven M Parker Electric guarantees the proper installation of surge protectors under this warranty. Steven M Parker Electric does not guarantee, insure, or warranty against lighting or electrical surges except to the extent that Steven M Parker Electric will provide a new surge protector in the event one should fail under the Limited Lifetime Parts Warranty. Claims for components damaged by lightning or electrical surges are covered by the manufactures warranty only and not covered under this warranty.
Damage to smoke, carbon monoxide and heat alarms by others is excluded from this warranty. Alarms should be protected and covered if painting, staining, creating dust or doing any other activity that could damage the alarm. Alarms should be cleaned out periodically and is not covered under warranty. Battery replacement is not included unless smoke alarm maintenance is provided and selected.
Generators & Equipment
Steven M Parker Electric may offer options to provide service to generators and equipment but service and maintenance is excluded from this warranty. It is up to the end user to maintain the generator or equipment based on the manufacturer specifications, whether that is done by Steven M Parker Electric or others. Steven M Parker Electric may supply generators, generator equipment or other equipment but service required outside Steven M Parker Electric's specialty will be handled by others and any cost associated with that is not covered by this warranty, but may be covered under the manufacturer warranty.
Steven M Parker Electric offers appliance installation. Our warranty does not extend to the removal and reinstallation of the appliance in the event of appliance problems or faults. The warranty for appliance installation covers any problems with the original installation of the appliance.
General Conditions and Exclusions
This warranty extends only to parts and labor provided by Steven M Parker Electric. Parts provided by others or installations done by others are expressly excluded from this warranty. This warranty does not cover items damaged by acts of nature, misuse, repair by others, or abuse. Light bulbs are expressly excluded from this warranty. Steven M Parker Electric provides no warranty coverage for light bulbs that were properly installed. Remedies for warranty claims are limited to the repair or replacement of the damaged part or faulty installation up to but not exceeding a full refund for the installation or faulty portion of the installation. This warranty does not cover the cost of repairs made by others unless authorized in writing by Steven M Parker Electric. This warranty does not apply to installations or parts for which Steven M Parker Electric has not received payment. Failure to pay for a service or installation, voids any warranty coverage offered by Steven M Parker Electric. No warranty coverage is extended to pro gratis or courtesy repairs. This warranty is transferable.
Steven M Parker Electric’s warranty does NOT cover service calls to explain product operation or installation or to perform normal cleaning and maintenance unless specified directly.
Arbitration of Disputes
- Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this contract, shall be settled by arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association under its Construction Industry Arbitration Rules, and judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof.
- In the event of any arbitration or litigation relating to the project, project performance or this contract, the prevailing party shall be entitled to reasonable attorney fees, costs and expenses.
Acceptance & Occupancy
- Upon completion, the project shall be inspected by the client and SMPElectric, and any repairs necessary to comply with the contract documents shall be made by SMPElectric.
- The client shall not occupy the property until final payment has been received by SMPElectric and a Certificate of Occupancy has been obtained, unless the client is currently occupying the property.
- Our options are valid till date listed on the options/estimate/quote. To take advantage of this agreement and proceed with the project as outlined, the client’s next steps shall be to:
- Accept the agreement as-is.
- Finalize and sign the options.
- Submit deposit payment.
- When you have updated project info please inform us as soon as possible.
- You have a right to cancel a signed agreement within 3 business day and get a full refund, if, no work has started, and or materials or a permit have not been secured. If work has started, or materials and or a permit have been secured, a refund minus project expenses will be sent within 10 business days.
By signing options and making deposit payment I agree I have read this agreement and option details including all attachments, and I accept the prices, specifications, project terms and conditions as stated. I understand that upon signing, this proposal becomes a binding contract.
Message From The Owner
We dedicate our time to help you with your electrical service needs. Whether you need an hour, a day, 6 months or more, we are focused on your needs. Our goal is to have a clear mind while helping you, your home or your business. Our attention is yours for the moment to provide the very best service, options and outcome. Client quantity is not as important as the service each client receives. We treat each client as if they are our only one.
We may use your contact information which may include address, phone number, and email to contact you whether directly or indirectly in regards to projects or marketing. If you prefer to not receive marketing from us please unsubscribe when presented with option. We will never sell your information.